Effective as of August 17, 2020
We strive to educate parents and kids about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services. We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about our information collection and use practices. COPPA also requires that we obtain parental consent before we allow children under the age of 13 to access and/or use our Services. We urge kids to check with their parents before entering information through our Site, and we recommend that parents discuss with their kids restrictions regarding the online release of Personal Information (as defined below) to anyone they don’t know.
1. Information We Collect.
We do not collect any personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”).
We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site.
We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes to the Site;
To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving;
To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Service;
To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, and hosting services. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information.
If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the information that we have collected, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with our other business assets.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
4. How We Protect Your Information. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
5. Legal Bases for Processing Your Information. We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information:
Performance of a contract – If you choose to use the Site, we need to collect and use your personal information to perform our agreement with you.
6. Your Rights. You have the right to:
request an accounting of all personal information that we possess that pertains to you in an electronically portable format (e.g., electronic copies of information attached to an email) delivered no more than 30 days after the request;
request that we change any personal information that pertains to you;
request that we delete any personal information that pertains to you; and
fully or partially withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your personal information.
To request an accounting of your personal information, a change to your personal information, deletion of your personal information, or to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your personal information, contact us at email@example.com . Once we have received notification that you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
7. Data Retention and Deletion. We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal information.
8. Accessing and Modifying Account Information. You may update the information that you provide us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We strive to help parents ensure that their kids have a safe experience using our Services. Parents or legal guardians can review any Personal Information collected about their child under 13 years of age, have this information deleted, request that there be no further collection or use of their child’s Personal Information, and/or allow for our collection and use of their child’s Personal Information while withholding consent for us to disclose it to third parties. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child and to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Your Choices. If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails, you may do so by visiting or by e-mailing email@example.com. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our e-mails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email.
11. Important Notice to Users Outside the U.S. The Site and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site or the Services, you consent to this transfer.